a brief and triumphantly half assed entry

I always write this shit on word. I never do it right in the blogger window, but today I am. Why? I went to see the copyrights and the cobra skulls last night. I heard the new teenage bottlerocket record. I saw some good friends and 2 different sets of cans and a beav and I can safely say that a great time was had by all, if by all I mean me. I think I may have been repeating myself by the end of the night, which isn’t fun to listen to. So whatever. Sorry, dicks.
I just got back to my inlaws house. My wife’s working, my inlaws are off doing shit and as of now, it’s my job to prevent the baby from doing all the things he does that could potentially cause him to die, which is pretty much everything he wants to do. Stairs? He’s headed right for em. Sockets? Let’s lick em. Knives? Heavy pots? Shattered glass? Yup. He’s all about it. SO, I gotta keep this real brief. Every moment that the baby wanders unsupervised is a moment that I am really half assing this daddying thing.
Okay, so quickly, this morning, at Johnson’s Corner, I saw a Highlander. He was seven feet tall and dressed as a cowboy with spurs jingling on his boots. No shit. He just walked through the diner, looking for other highlanders to kill, and when he didn’t find any, he just sauntered on out. There can be only one.
That’s all, folks. I’m tired and I gotta walk the baby around the block so my old lady can work. Send me some jug/clam photos please, ladies. My inbox is nothing but dongs these days.

This entry was posted in half assing it. now you can get away with almost anything. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to a brief and triumphantly half assed entry

1. kennyg says:

sounds like you're having a day kinda like mine. i came to california to visit my friend, and now i'm stuck in his apartment waiting for him to get back from work, and i've been waiting for YOU to post new blogs. ha

2. Capt Murdock says:

Your "inbox" is filled with dongs?

3. Jayzilla says:

responsibility!!! arghhhhhhh — right now i just have to make sure that i pay the rent by the first and that i shave on a semi regular basis

laundry doesnt even make the list

4. Scott says:

what about procrastinating while at work? That one is kind of killing my sense of productivity

5. Sickie27 says:

"Sockets? Let's lick em."
    Priceless.
    My brother used to do that kind of stuff. He stuck keys in sockets, drank shampoo, burned his face with a curling iron… All I did was sleep in cabinets so no one would find me! Antisocial even as a child.

You know what'd I like to see when TBR and Cobra Skulls come to the Masquerade? You. Makeithappen.

6. Shannon says:

my mom was so into highlander when i was little when i would go to school and tell people my mom was going on a highlander cruise, and my mom was going to vegas for a highlander convention, nobody ever knew wtf i was talking about.

7. Shannon says:

i mean we even have a katana sword letter opener

8. Tim says:

Johnson's Corner has good cinnamon buns.

9. Tony says:

Jay, you pretty much summed up my entire life, ha.

10. kylewagoner says:

Sounds like a fucking awesome night. A hell of a lot better of a night than your girlfriend telling you out of nowhere that she's signing up for the US Navy and will be leaving the next day to do tests and get assigned position. Not that that happened to me…but it did.

love,
    Kyle

11. phoeb z says:

hi sock drawer, i havent commented here before but just wondering if anyone here has ever seen this:

i didn't know BK had branched out into acting now

12. Banana@1000MPH says:

phoeb z, holy shit that guy looks like Brendan's twin!

13. VoicesOffCamera says:

I'm seeing the Cobra Skulls/Copyrights show tomorrow! I hope it's as fun as the one you went you.

-Steven

14. FAskies says:

@phoeb z: there can only be one…

15. Josh says:

Uh oh, looks like it's time for another Gathering of the Juggalos! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNe11E_KiAk

16. Vincent says:

Good old Johnson's Corner. I feel like if one would sell drugs, that would be a good place.

17. wilddanimal says:

I think of Daniels as Immortals in the Highlander. There can be only one. Whenever I meet another guy named Daniel, I point that out and joke that I'm gonna have to lop his head off eventually.

But Canadan is aight as long as he stays in Canada.

18. lukruss says:

my friends and i call flappy vaginas 'jabbers.' we even put it to that song… you know… 'do ur jabbers hang low do they wobble to and fro? can ya throw 'em over ur shoulder like a continental soldier'… and so forth. it stems from my jealous ex girlfriend was harassing my new one (you know cause i'm such a studmuffin?) that she had to get her jabbers lifted cause she was so lose. is that what viginaplasti or whatever you said it was is? haha

19. lukruss says: